Movies from January 9-16
1. Ted 2 (2015)
I want to say I had no desire to watch this. I saw the first one that was enough for me. Last week I stayed with a friend of mine who's humor has not changed since college. This was his pick to watch not mine. In case you didn't know this is a movie about a Teddy bear that comes to life and gets high as he says foul things. That's about as good as Ted 2 gets. As a movie: F Fun Factor: 4 Should you see it: Unless you just love that type of humour it's a huge no. I love Morgan Freeman, but not even his presence could make me find any redeeming qualities for this fine.
2.Vacation (2015)
This is a remake of the 1983 classic movie. The plot is Rusty Griswold remembers the vacation he took as a kid to the amusement park Wally World and decides to take his family on a trip to the same place. As a movie: F+ Fun Factor: 3 should you watch it. I love the original Vacation it's a comedy classic. So I had nothing but high hopes especially with a solid cast, and so many awesome cameos. With all this going for the movie it still came out boring and stale. This is why sadly I have to say don't see it.
3. Sharkansas Woman's prison massacre (2015)
Sharks are in Arkansas and they are after some prisoners who just escaped from a woman's prison. As a movie: F Fun Factor: 5 Should you see it: I went in knowing that this is a dumb movie. But loving cheesy films, and being from Arkansas I thought I might enjoy it, but I was so wrong. It was not even cheesy fun. It never really explains why, these sharks can go on land. Another thing that bugs me was it was shot in Florida. You can't tell me it wasn't in the budget to shoot on location. There is no where in Arkansas that would be super expensive. I could go on with many other reasons why this movie stinks but I will end with nobody see this movie.
4.Scouts guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015)
The zombie apocalypse happens and it's up to 3 scouts and a stripper to survive. As a movie: D+ Fun Factor: 7 Should you see it. I liked this movie it is really dumb. Also there are Zombie cats!! This movie is fun but it's not a good movie. So if you don't want to check your brain at the door, and indulge in pure stupid comedy than skip it.
5. Guardians of the galaxy (2014)
This is Marvel movie with 5 outlaws who become a team of heroes. As a movie: A Fun Factor: 10 Should you see it: If you haven't seen this movie yet you may be the only one. I love this movie it's great. This is the only movie I have bought in over 3 years. Which means it is so good it's the only movie I own on Bluray. Watch it at least 3 times.
6.The Interview (2014)
Seth Rogan and James Franco to North Korea to interview Kim Jong Un As a movie: C- Fun Factor: 8 Should you see it: As I rewatched this movie I realized it wasn't as good as I remembered. In fact it's kind of boring. In spite of this Randall Park is amazing as Kim Jong Un. Parks' performance alone makes this movie worth watching.
7. Voices (2014)
Ryan Reynolds hears his cat and dog talking to him. He also murders people. As a movie: D Fun Factor: 5 Should you see it: I like Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick who also stars in this film. They don't always make good movies though. This movie is a perfect example. The idea of this movie could make a good dark comedy the problem was it was too dark and not enough comedy. What I'm saying is definitely skip it.
8. Ink (2009)
This movie is hard to explain. Basically it is about a father and daughter who go on a weird trip through some kind of purgatory. As a movie: C- Fun Factor: 6 Should you see it: This movie has many flaws. The plot is not completely explained. The acting is terrible. The movie is interesting though and it keeps your attention so I say give it a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment