Saturday, February 6, 2016

It's a lot harder than I imagined to watch a movie every day. This is my list that should have been up Sunday for January 24- 30. Which means I won't have a list up by Sunday the 7th but I will try to have it up by Wednesday. It will all depend if I have caught up or not. Anyway here's last week's list.

1. People,Places,Things (2015)
A man catches his girlfriend cheating on him on their twin daughters birthday. The movie then picks up one year later, and basically the plot is how he's doing in life now.
As a movie: C-
Fun Factor: 7
Should you see it: This isn't anything special but with Jermaine Clement's genuine performance, and the fact this movie has heart I say see it.

2. Trophy Kids (2013)
This is a documentary about parents who go to ridiculous links to have their kids be the best at sports, and the pressure it puts on the kids.
As a movie: B
Fun Factor: 5
Should you see it: Yes just be warned you will this film strongly disliking the parents. You will also feel really bad for these kids.

3. Meet the Dudesons (2006)
This is basically Jackass with guys from Finland
As a movie: F
Fun Factor: 4
Should you see it: No unless you're a Jackass fan, and if that's the case just watch one of the Jackass movies instead.

4. Scanners (1981)
The best I can describe this movie is there are people with mind powers called Scanners.
As a movie: B
Fun Factor: 7
Should you see it:  I love director David Cronenberg, but his movies aren't for everyone. This movie has people's heads exploding in it which could turn some people away from watching. But if you are a Cronenberg fan or you enjoy good Sci-fi then check it out.

5. Equinox (1971)
A group of college students find a demonic book in the woods
As a movie: D
Fun Factor: 9
Should you see it: With claymation monsters, and the all out cheesy factor it's no surprise that this film is a cult classic. If you like cheesy films you will like it. If you are not a fan of cult classics skip it.

6. Eraserhead (1977)
A man with a weird hairdo takes care of his ET looking premature baby.
As a movie: A
Fun Factor: 6
Should you see it: If you have ever seen anything David Lynch has put out you know he's out there. Of all the Lynch movies I would say this is the most out there.  This is also one of the most visually stunning, haunting, and original movies I've seen. I'm a little ashamed as a Lynch fan, and a movie fan it took me so long to see it. If you like to watch movies just to be entertained than skip it. If you truly love watching movies as an art form and you've never seen this go see it. It will stay with you for days.

Amy (2015)
Documentary about the life and death of Amy Winehouse
As a movie: C-
Fun Factor: 4
Should you see it:  I know this movie is critically acclaimed but I didn't care for it. The person who put this documentary together did a good job of putting it together, and that's why I gave it a C. I always thought Amy Winehouse was not a likeable person who had a bad drug habit ,and never really tried to really get help. She even brags about not going to rehab in her most famous song. I will say this movie didn't change that opinion.  Some people will find what I am saying harsh, and to those people I say so. People die of drugs everyday. And the tragedy is some of them really wanted help, but they didn't get it in time, but no one cares about them. Just because Winehouse was famous she's made out to be a martyr. The truth is she was an addict, she passed away. The lesson is if you do drugs and don't care there are consciences. The thing is you can learn that from an after school special, so skip this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment